QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us, such as when you contact WMC Global or a WMC Global affiliated company, or otherwise with your consent. WMC Global and its affiliates may share this information with each other and use it consistent with this Policy. They may also combine it with other information collected from and about you to provide and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. If you refuse to provide any requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site and its features.
For example, when you choose to contact us via the Site, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, company, or any other information you choose to provide in the content of the message.
- Information Automatically Collected – Cookies and Other Technologies
For example, we may gather some information automatically or passively and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behavior on the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. WMC Global also may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the WMC Global Site. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our Site. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
We may use the information we collect from and about you for various purposes, such as to provide services, process transactions, improve customer experience and engagement, and develop the Site.
We will have a lawful basis for processing your information if:
- We need to process your information to provide you with products or services that you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data, such as analytics, fraud prevention, improving the Site and our business, and direct marketing; and/or
- We are legally required to process it.
We may use the information we collect from and about you:
- To keep you posted on WMC Global’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events.
- To develop and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- To send you important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, fraud detection and prevention, and research to improve WMC Global’s products, services, and customer communications.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- As described to you at the point of collection.
We may store this information for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish these tasks, unless the law permits or requires a longer retention period. For example, if you choose to contact us, we will store any information you provide as long as is reasonably necessary to respond to you.
WMC Global may disclose the information we collect from and about you to:
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with WMC Global affiliates for business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We make your information available to strategic partners that work with WMC Global to provide products and services, or that help WMC Global market to customers (“Service Providers”), if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us. Such functions include information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever WMC Global operates.
- Legal Obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your information as required or permitted by law, to respond to subpoenas, legal process, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for WMC Global. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions, any other legal document or contract related to the Site, or the rights of any third party, or to protect our operations or users.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
We currently do not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The Site is a general audience site that is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. We do not use such information, and will take reasonable measures to delete it if we discover that it is has been provided.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
WMC Global takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. To make sure your information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to WMC Global employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. Please keep your user name, password or other access information confidential to protect against unauthorized access. You should also adopt strong passwords that others cannot easily guess.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
WMC Global websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services, which may have privacy practices that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites, products, and services and cannot guarantee the security of any information that they may collect. We encourage you to learn about these privacy practices.
If you are a resident of Australia, Canada, or the European Economic Area and would like to gain access to, update, erase, or restrict or withdraw any consent to the processing of certain information collected from and about you through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
In addition, residents of the European Economic Area also have the right to object to the processing of such information and, in some instances, the right to request that we export, in a structured, commonly used, machine readable, and interoperable format, and transmit to another controller, such information.
Please do not provide information to us, either directly or indirectly, if you do not accept this Policy or are in a country or location where the use of our services is not permitted.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the practices described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
11781 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
Fairfax, VA 22033
You also have the right to submit feedback to the applicable supervisory authority in your jurisdiction of residence.